Connecting to HubSpot using the Client-Side APIs
Brightcove Campaign can be configured to integrate with HubSpot. When the integration is configured, video engagement data for videos published using Brightcove Campaign is synchronized to HubSpot. Once in HubSpot, this data can be used for segmentation, campaign logic, reports, lead scoring, and personalizing communications.
Some of the key features of the Video Cloud - HubSpot integration are:
- Data format - Viewing data is delivered as a custom Timeline Event Type. The data that is replicated to HubSpot is as follows:
- Video Name
- Video ID
- Account ID (Video Cloud)
- Page URL (URL of the referring page)
- Player ID (Video Cloud player)
- % Watched (25%, 50%, 75%, 95%)
- Data transfer - Viewing data is sent to HubSpot using an automated process; however, some reports in the HubSpot platform may take some time to refresh
- Data retention - Data collected can optionally be retained in Brightcove Campaign for up to 1 month
Setting up the connection
Follow these steps to setup the connection to HubSpot.
Establishing the connection between Brightcove Campaign and HubSpot
- Log in to Brightcove Campaign.
- In the navigation header, click the gear icon () and then MAP Connections. A list of current connections (if any) will appear.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Select HubSpot from the dropdown list.
- Select the High Volume (Client-Side API) integration type.
- Enter your HubSpot Account ID.
- Click Connect to HubSpot.
- You will be prompted to sign in to HubSpot. Enter your Email Address and Password. Click Log In.
- If the login is successful, you may prompted to allow Brightcove Video Connect to access your account. Click Grant access.
The connection to HubSpot is now set up and ready to use. By default, the Connection Status will be Enabled. The Connection Status determines if video engagement data is sent to Marketo:
- Enabled - Data is collected and will be sent to HubSpot
- Disabled - No data is collected (integration is disabled)