Connecting to Marketo using Munchkin
Brightcove Campaign can be configured to integrate with Marketo. When the integration is configured, video engagement data for videos published using Brightcove Campaign is synchronized to Marketo. Once in Marketo, this data can be used for segmentation, campaign logic, reports, lead scoring, and personalizing communications.
Some of the key features of the Marketo integration are:
- Data format - Video viewing data is delivered to Marketo as a page view, or a virtual web visit. The web page visit event contains query parameters that indicate the viewer's level of engagement. The data that is replicated to Marketo is as follows:
- Video Name
- Video ID
- Brightcove Account ID
- Page URL of the referring page
- Brightcove Player ID
- % Watched
- Data retention - Data collected can optionally be retained in Video Cloud for up to 1 month
- Data transfer - Viewing data is sent immediately to Marketo, however, some reports in the Marketo platform may take some time to refresh
Accessing the Marketo Munchkin
When configuring the integration with Brightcove Campaign, you will be prompted for your Marketo munchkin. Follow the steps below to access this value.
- Log in to your Marketo account.
- Click Admin in the top navigation.
- In the left navigation, navigate to Admin > Integration > Munchkin.
- Copy the Munchkin Account ID and save it in a safe place. It will be needed when configuring the integration.
Setting up the connection
Follow these steps to setup the connection between Brightcove Campaign and Marketo.
Establishing the connection between Brightcove Campaign and Marketo
- Log in to Brightcove Campaign.
- In the navigation header, click the gear icon () and then MAP Connections. A list of current connections (if any) will appear.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Select Marketo from the dropdown list.
- Select the High Volume (Munchkin) integration type.
- Enter your Marketo Account ID. This is the Munchkin Account ID copied from Marketo.
- Click Save.
The connection to Marketo is now set up and ready to use. By default, the Connection Status will be Enabled. The Connection Status determines if video engagement data is sent to Marketo:
- Enabled - Data is collected and will be sent to Marketo
- Disabled - No data is collected (integration is disabled)
Click Save to save changes. To remove the integration, click Delete.