Connecting to Marketo using the REST APIs
Brightcove Campaign can be configured to integrate with Marketo. When the integration is configured, video engagement data for videos published using Brightcove Campaign is synchronized to Marketo. Once in Marketo, this data can be used for segmentation, campaign logic, reports, lead scoring, and personalizing communications.
To use Brightcove Campaign with the Marketo REST integration, you must:
- Create a role in Marketo which has access to all of the API permissions
- Create a LaunchPoint Service
Creating an API-only user and LaunchPoint service
Before you can make a call to the Marketo REST API, you need to create a new API role with access to all of the APIs, create an API-only user and then create a service that uniquely identifies your client application. The steps to complete these tasks are outlined in the Marketo documentation.
Setting up the connection
Once the configuration steps on the Marketo side have been completed, follow these steps to setup the connection between Brightcove Campaign and Marketo.
Establishing the connection between Brightcove Campaign and Marketo
- Log in to Brightcove Campaign.
- In the navigation header, click the gear icon () and then MAP Connections. A list of current connections (if any) will appear.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Select Marketo from the dropdown list.
- Select the Standard (REST API) integration type. You will required to paste in several values from your Marketo account. Note that you must be logged in as a Marketo administrator to complete the following steps.
- Enter your Marketo Account ID. To get this value, in Marketo click Admin > Munchkin.
- Enter your Marketo REST API Endpoint URL. To get this value, in Marketo click Admin > Web Services. Copy the Endpoint in the REST API section.
- Enter your Marketo REST API Identity URL. To get this value, in Marketo click Admin > Web Services.
- Enter Marketo LaunchPoint Client ID. To get this value, in Marketo click Admin > LaunchPoint and then click the View Details link for the LaunchPoint you created earlier as part of this setup.
- Enter Marketo LaunchPoint Client Secret. To get this value, in Marketo click Admin > LaunchPoint and then click the View Details link for the LaunchPoint you created earlier as part of this setup.
- Click Save.
The connection to Marketo is now set up and ready to use. By default, the Connection Status will be Enabled. The Connection Status determines if video engagement data is sent to Marketo:
- Enabled - Data is collected and will be sent to Marketo
- Disabled - No data is collected (integration is disabled)
Click Save to save changes. To remove the integration, click Delete.