Connecting to Oracle Eloqua
Brightcove Campaign can be configured to integrate with Oracle Eloqua. When the integration is configured, video engagement data for videos published using Brightcove Campaign is synchronized to Eloqua. Once in Eloqua, this data can be used for segmentation, campaign logic, reports, lead scoring, and personalizing communications.
To use Brightcove Campaign with Oracle Eloqua, you must:
- Have Oracle Eloqua 10 and credentials to login at: https://login.eloqua.com
- The credential being used to login to Eloqua should be added to the Advanced Users - Marketing group and have the following permissions:
- Consume API
- Install Cloud Applications
- Set-up Marketing Campaigns
Some of the key features of the Brightcove Campaign - Oracle Eloqua integration are:
- Data format - Video viewing data is delivered to a custom data object (CDO) in Oracle Eloqua. The data that is replicated to Eloqua is as follows:
- Video Name
- Video ID
- Brightcove Account ID
- Page URL of the referring page
- Brightcove Player ID
- % Watched
- Data transfer - Viewing data that is more than 15 minutes old is sent from Brightcove Campaign to Eloqua four times per hour. Note that this means that viewing data can take up to 30 minutes to appear in Eloqua.
Setting up the connection
Before configuring the integration with Eloqua, we recommend that you open a new browser window and manually log out of your Eloqua account. This will ensure that when you configure the integration, you will be prompted to login to your Eloqua account and you can confirm that you are using the correct account.
Follow these steps to setup the connection between Brightcove Campaign and Oracle Eloqua.
- Log in to Brightcove Campaign.
- In the navigation header, click the gear icon () and then MAP Connections. A list of current connections (if any) will appear.
- Click Add New Connection.
- Select Eloqua from the dropdown list.
- Click Connect to Eloqua.
- You will be prompted to sign in to Eloqua. Enter your Eloqua Company Name, Username and Password. Click Sign In.
- If the login is successful, you will prompted to install the Brightcove Video Connect for Eloqua app. Click Accept and Install.
- You will be prompted to enable Eloqua for the account. Click Enable.
- Review the terms for using the integration and then click I Agree.
- You will be prompted to allow Brightcove Video Connect for Eloqua to access your Eloqua account. Click Sign In.
- Confirm your company name and username and click Accept.
- You will be prompted to continue the setup. Click Continue Setup.
- Confirm the connection details display.
The connection to Eloqua is now set up and ready to use. By default, the Connection Status will be Enabled. The Connection Status determines if video engagement data is sent to Eloqua:
- Enabled - Data is collected and will be sent to Eloqua
- Disabled - No data is collected (integration is disabled)
Click Save to save changes. To remove the integration, click Delete.