Using the Heads-Up Display Chrome Extension
The Heads-Up Display (HUD) is a Chrome extension that provides the ability to view performance metrics of videos on a live page.
Installing the Chrome extension
To install the Heads-Up Display Chrome extension, follow these steps:
- Using the Google Chrome web browser, access the Brightcove Campaign extension page here.
- Click on Add to Chrome.
- When prompted, click Add extension.
- Confirm that the extension was installed by locating the Brightcove logo next to the address bar.
Using the Heads-Up Display
The Heads-Up Display is useful for viewing video analytics when a video that was published using Brightcove Campaign™ is on the page. To use the HUD, follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Brightcove logo next to the address bar to open the extension.
- If you don't have an active session with the Brightcove Campaign application, you will be prompted to login. Enter your email address and password. Click Sign In.
To sign out of the HUD, click Sign Out at the top of the HUD. Clicking Go To Web will open the Brightcove Campaign application in a browser window.
Reviewing HUD analytics
To review analytics for a video on a page, open the HUD.
The HUD will display basic information about the video(s) on the page:
- Video name
- Video ID
- Video Content Type
- Created date
If there are multiple videos on the page, Previous Video and Next Video buttons will be enabled.
Video analytics on the HUD are "close to real-time". Analytics are typically delayed a few minutes but the delay can increase during traffic spikes. The following analytics data for the past 30 days will be displayed:
- Video Impressions - The number of times the video was loaded and ready for playback
- Video Starts - The number of times the video started playing
- Avg Time Viewed - Total Time Viewed / Video Starts
- Video Benchmark Score - Overall rating that measures how your video is performing (learn more...)
- Play Rate - Video Starts / Video Impressions
- Avg % Viewed - Average Time Viewed / Video length
- Tips - Coming Soon
To see all analytics for the video, click the See all analytics link.