The Publish feature in Brightcove Campaign™ can be used to easily generate the embed code and images needed to distribute a video using a marketing automation platform (MAP). Typically, the embed code is pasted into an HTML landing page created in a MAP and then a link to the landing page is sent via email.
Publishing to a web page
To copy the embed code for a video, follow these steps:
- Open the Videos page.
- Select a video by clicking the checkbox next to the video.
- Click Publish.
- (Optional) Select a MAP Connection. The dropdown list will contain a list of all MAP connections that have been created. By selecting a MAP Connection, video viewing activity will be sent to the selected platform. The availability of this option is based upon the Brightcove Campaign package being used.
- Copy the Embed Code and paste it into your landing page. This is the code which is needed to publish your video on a web page.
- Copy the Video SEO Code and paste the code between the
</head>tags on your landing page. The Video SEO Code will help improve the visibility of the landing page to search engines. After your page is published, Google provides a URL Inspection Tool which can be used to see detailed Google Index information about a URL on your site.
- Copy the Facebook Tags and paste the code between the
</head>tags on your landing page. The Facebook tags are the Facebook Open Graph tags which will help control what shows up when the page is shared to Facebook.
Copying the poster image
On most platforms, embedding videos directly into email isn’t possible. This isn't a Brightcove limitation, nearly every modern email system will strip out video player embed code due to security reasons. We can however, drive awareness and traffic for content by creating an email with some teaser text and a poster image. The poster image will look like a video player and be a clickable link that redirects to the video landing page.
To copy the poster image for a video, follow these steps:
- Click the Email tab at top of the page.
- Click Copy to copy the poster image.
- Paste the image into the tool that will be sending the email.
- Create a hyperlink from the image to the landing page with the published video.