Uploading and Publishing Your First Video
Brightcove Campaign™ makes it easy to upload videos and then generate the embed code and images needed to distribute a video using a marketing automation platform (MAP). Typically, the embed code is pasted into an HTML landing page created in a MAP and then a link to the landing page is sent via email.
Brightcove Campaign makes it easy to upload your videos. For complete details on uploading videos, see Uploading Videos.
To upload videos to your account, follow these steps.
- Click Videos in the navigation header.
- Click Upload. The uploader panel will open in the page.
- Click Browse for Videos and browse and select a video to upload.
- After files are selected, the upload progress will display. Click Edit to view the video properties.
When the upload is complete, an Uploaded status will display. This indicates the video upload has completed and it is safe to navigate away from the Videos page.
Publishing a video
The publishing process will generate the HTML embed code needed to display your video on a web page. To access/copy the embed code for a video, follow these steps:
- Open the Videos page.
- Select a video by checking the box next to the video you want to publish.
- Click Publish.
- Select a MAP Connection. The dropdown list will contain a list of all MAP connections that have been created. By selecting a MAP Connection, video viewing activity will be sent to the selected platform.
- Copy the Embed Code and paste it into your landing page.
- Copy the Video SEO Code and paste it between the
</head>tags on your landing page. The Video SEO Code will help improve the visibility of the page to search engines.
- Copy the Facebook tags and paste it between the
</head>tags on your landing page. The Facebook Tags are the Facebook Open Graph tags which will help control what shows up when the page is shared to Facebook.
Copying the poster image
On most platforms, embedding videos directly into email isn’t possible. This isn't a Brightcove limitation, nearly every modern email system will strip out video player embed code due to security reasons. We can however, drive awareness and traffic for content by creating an email with some teaser text and a poster image. The poster image will look like a video player and be a clickable link that redirects to the video landing page.
To copy the poster image for a video, follow these steps:
- Click the Email tab at top of the page.
- Click Copy to copy the poster image.
- Paste the image into the tool that will be sending the email.
- Create a hyperlink from the image to the landing page.