Driving Video Views Through Email
The Publish feature in Brightcove Campaign™ can be used to easily generate the embed code and images needed to distribute a video using a landing page and email. Typically, the video embed code is pasted into a landing page and then a link to the landing page is sent via email. The process outlined in this topic is best suited when a marketing automation platform (MAP) is not being used. If you are using a MAP, Brightcove recommends using the regular publish process.
Creating a landing page
A landing page is a standalone web page that can be used as part of a marketing campaign to promote a product or service. Adding video to landing pages is a great way to increase viewer engagement and turn viewers into buyers. There are a number of vendors who provide the ability to create landing pages. Landing pages can also be created using marketing automation platform software or manually, using custom HTML if you have developer resources. Once you have a landing page created, Brightcove Campaign can be used to embed a video in the landing page.
Generating the embed code
The embed code is required so that a video will play on a landing page. To copy the embed code for a video, follow these steps:
- Open the Videos page.
- Select a video by clicking the checkbox next to the video you want to use.
- Click Publish.
- Copy the Embed Code and paste it into your landing page where you want the video to appear.
- Save the changes to your landing page.
- Publish the landing page and make sure you have a URL that the landing page can be viewed at.
Copying the poster image
On most platforms, embedding videos directly into email isn’t possible. This isn't a Brightcove limitation, nearly every modern email system will strip out video player embed code due to security reasons. We can however, drive awareness and traffic for content by creating an email with some teaser text and a poster image. The poster image will look like a video player and be a clickable link that redirects to the landing page.
To copy the poster image for a video, follow these steps:
- Click the Email tab at top of the page.
- Click Copy to copy the poster image.
- Paste the image into the tool that will be sending the email.
- Create a hyperlink from the image to the landing page. The process to do this will vary based upon the email program being used.
When the email is sent out, readers will see the video as part of the email and when they click on the image, be directed to the landing page where they can watch the video.